FREE OR ALMOST FREE
- SLED OLD MAIN HILL – Sledding Old Main Hill is a treasured tradition at USU. Just don’t collide into any trees and make sure you can stop before you hit the road. Actually the more I looked into it, the more injuries I discovered. This Ag alumni has never torn down the old main hill on a sled, but I’m aching to. But incase you’d prefer a safer gig, try SALT HOLLOW PARK 350 W 100 N, Hyrum, UT 84319 OR MOUNT LOGAN PARK 1400 E 350 S, Logan, UT 84321
- MAKE SUGAR COOKIES – I have this awesome friend Deb, who bakes. The.best.stuff.ever!!!! The best sugar cookie recipe from the MamaGoose kitchen…
Beat together for 2 minutes 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup shortening, and 2 cups sugar.
Add 2 eggs, 1 TBSP almond extract, and 1 TBSP vanilla extract. Mix well.
Add 6 cups flour, 4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 cup water. Mix to combine. Add additional water, a bit at a time as needed. Dough should not be sticky but should form a ball when you squish it together with your hand.
Roll on a very lightly flour dusted counter. Cut. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes for thick [a little less than1/4″] cookies. Less time for thinner cookies. You shouldn’t hear the cookies “breathe” when they’re done.
Cool on pan 8 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- GAMES WITH FRIENDS – For big kids and adults. Download the app PSYCH. “From the creators of “Heads Up!” comes “PSYCH!” – an exciting new party game to play with your friends! … “PSYCH!” is the perfect app for game night, road trips, or even waiting in line.” Seriously the funnest game to play with a group.
- POLAR EXPRESS PAJAMA PARTY – Invite your siblings or friends. Don the Christmas jammies. Heat up hot chocolate, built a blanket fort, and watch Polar Express. The show airs on AMC several times on Dec 22, 24, and 25th.
- BUILD A SNOW FORT – Snow is forecasted starting Tuesday next week! We may have a white Christmas 🙂 on Wednesday. We build forts with bread pans.
- PUZZLE – Every other time of the year my attention span prefers activities that can be completed quick. Connect 4 before Monopoly etc. But for some reason at Christmas time I love puzzles and I don’t mind if they stay on the table for days. So relaxing.
- VISIT FAMILY – I actually have a grandma that lives over the river and through the woods. Holidays are a great excuse to visit if you can’t often. Listen to stories. Ask about their lives. Take photos.
- NERF GUN WAR – this is my family tradition. Lately I’ve taken the press pass and exchanged my nerf gun to document but literally get out all that angst, haha . . . . kidding sorta. B.Y.O.G. Bring your own gun.
- DRIVE AROUND TO SEE THE LIGHTS – Click here for a map of local houses to tour. Savage’s would start at Maverick.
- SING CHRISTMAS CAROLS AT NURSING HOME OR ASSISTED LIVING
- Cache Valley Assisted Living and Memory Care – 233 N Main St, Providence, UT 84332
- Legacy House of Logan – 330 East 1400 North Logan UT 84341
- Terrace Grove Assisted Living – 345 N 200 W Logan UT 84321
- The Gables of North Logan Assisted Living & Memory Care – 455 East 2500 North North Logan UT 84341
- Sunshine Terrace – 248 W 300 N Logan UT 84321
- Blacksmith Fork Assisted Living – 680 E Main St, Hyrum, UT 84319
- MAKE MAGIC REINDEER DUST – I found the recipe here.
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup glitter (one colour or a mix of colours)
- Zip lock bag
- Small bags for the reindeer dust
- Ribbons or string to tie the small bags
- CONCERTS AT THE TABERNACLE – Concerts are 7:00pm every night until the 21st, for a list of concerts visit their site here.
- HOST A HOT CHOCOLATE BAR PARTY- for great more great ideas
- A GREAT FIXINS LIST
coarse sea salt
mini chocolate chips
soft peppermint sticks
dark chocolate syrup
- A GREAT FIXINS LIST
ACTIVITIES THAT COST MONEY
- VISIT THE ELK AT HARDWARE RANCH –
Elk-viewing wagon rides -info from their website https://wildlife.utah.gov/hardware-events.html
Hardware Ranch WMA horse-drawn wagon or sleigh ride. The 2019–2020 elk-viewing wagon ride season at Hardware Ranch WMA will run from Dec. 6, 2019 through Feb. 9, 2020. Each wagon can hold about 20 people and each ride lasts about 25 minutes. Riders must remain in the wagon for the entire ride.
Hardware Ranch accepts cash, check and credit or debit cards. If possible, please bring cash or a check to pay for the wagon rides in case the Internet service is down and credit or debit card payments are not available. All sales are final. No refunds.
- Adults (9 and older) — $5
- Children (4 through 8) — $3
- Children 3 and younger — free
Ticket sales close at 4:30 p.m. You must have your ticket purchased and be in line by 4:30 p.m. Hardware Ranch does not take reservations or sell tickets in advance. Rides are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. If there is a line for rides, you must wait outside in line for the next available ride.
Please let us know if you, or someone in your group, needs special accommodations and Hardware Ranch staff will provide a ramp or step to help them get on the wagon.
Wagon ride rules: Other than service dogs, no animals are allowed. No food or beverages allowed. Riders must stay in the wagon.
- SNOW SHOE OR XC SKI AT GREEN CANYON – for up to date conditions visit – https://www.nordicunited.org/ for rentals go to https://www.thesportsmanltd.com/ski-department.htm or here https://www.als.com/storeservices or here https://www.usu.edu/campusrec/outdoor_programs/op_rentals for other trail info visit https://www.go-utah.com/Logan/Cross-Country-Skiing/#
- CHRISTMAS CONCERT – DAVID ARCHULETA –
- Mon, December 23, 2019 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM MST
- Logan High School Auditorium – 162 West 100 South
- ICE SKATE AT ECCLES ICE CENTER –
- Adult Admission $6.00
Child Admission (8 yrs. & under) $5.00
Senior Admission (55 & up) $5.00
Skate Rental $2.00
Walker Rental $2.50
Helmet Rental $1.00
- for a calendar of public sessions visit https://www.ecclesice.com/calendar.html
- Adult Admission $6.00
- TUBE AT CHERRY PEAK
- ONLY 20 MINUTES FROM LOGAN! Turn east at the stoplight in Richmond, just 15 minutes north of Logan and south of Preston. Turn north on 300 East, then east again on 500 North (which turns into 11000 North). Follow the newly paved road just another few short miles up the canyon to Cherry Peak Resort!
- VISIT ZOOTAH LIGHTS – Join us this holiday season for Zootah Zoo Lights in Logan, UT. Santa and his reindeer will be at the zoo every Friday and Saturday from November 30, 2019 through December 21, 2019. We have even more metal sculptures created by Ducworks and covered with lights from Anderson’s Seed and Garden. Visit the Wildlife Learning Center to see some of our new animals. Check our events page on facebook (Zootah at Willow Park) for special discount nights. Although Santa won’t be here on Tuesdays, or Monday December 23-he is a busy guy- it is the perfect night for youth groups or other groups to come enjoy the lights, reindeer and other animals.
- Price: $7.00 Adults (ages 12+) $6.00 Kids (ages 2-11) Under 2: Free
- 419 W 700 S Logan UT 84321
- AGGIE BASKETBALL GAME – December 28 vs Eastern Oregon 2:00pm
- HATCHET THROWING – https://heberhatchets.com/axe-throwing-logan-utah/
- All prices are “per hour”
1–3 people = $15/person
4–7 people = $12/person
8+ people = $10/person
- Mon–Thu 1:00–10:00 p.m.
Fri 1:00–12:00 a.m.
Sat 1:00–11:00 p.m.
- All prices are “per hour”
- SKI THE BEAV – http://www.skithebeav.com/ the resort opened on Tuesday Dec 17.